Monday, March 17, 2008

My Sacrifice

Yesterday, Palm Sunday marks the start of "Semana Santa". For the Roman Catholic, it is the time to commemorate the passion and death of Christ. For others, the week spells VACATION and that includes a trip to the water may it be beach, pool, river or whatever. When I was a kid, I spent my Holy Week with my Lola Claudia. The religious that she is, semana santa for her is a time for sacrifice. I remember joining the way of the cross with her barefoot passing through uncemented and rocky roads of her little town. I had huge blisters and cuts on my feet after. That was for her our sacrifice and she would sermon that it's nothing compared to what Jesus Christ went through on the road to Calvary.

I couldn't remember the last time I did the "Via Crusis". The last three years, our Lent has been spent in Bantayan Island, Cagayan de Oro or home. So, last Saturday along with the scorching heat of the sun and the steep climb up, I joined my fellow PASERs to Tabor Hills for what I call "my little sacrifice". It's the first time I've been there and in fact, I never heard of it not until last Saturday. I was told that the place is a big hit especially during the Lent Season where a lot of people visit the place to do the Station of the Cross.

I don't really consider myself a devout Catholic but I do believe in Him and never miss my Sunday obligation. I joined last Saturday's ordeal because it is my way of being with the Lord. I know sometimes with the fast paced living and with a lot of distractions around me, I often ignore His presence in my life. Tabor Hill is also a perfect place for reflection though the summer heat was really unbearable I almost fainted. Good thing, we have enough supply of food and water.

Before you all hit the beach, climb up Tabor Hill and be aware of God's presence in your midst. Though tired, I actually felt light after.

Let me share to you some of the photos I took of the place.








feeling really tired

No comments: