Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Thank God I Survived 2008

2008 may not be a perfect year but it sure brought us abundant blessings. I am grateful for the year that brought new beginnings for me and my family. We were able to move in to our new home which we could now call our own. And of course, the arrival of our second baby in January is among the best blessings we received in 2008.


2009 is only a few winks away and still I am not going to make any new year’s resolutions as I am bound not to follow them in the end. What I have are simple hopes for myself, for my family and for the world in the coming year.


* That I will be a better mom to two lovely and healthy children.

* That I will be more understanding and patient with hubby and vice versa.

* That I will be frugal with my spending and that I will set aside something for the rainy days.

* That I will laugh more and cry less.

* That I will be less cranky in dealing with my sibs. (My crankiness was more of hormonal actually because I’m pregnant. Excuses!)

* That I will love my parents more.

* That business will be growing leaps and bounds this year.

* That we will be traveling to new places this year.

* That hubby will finally buy his dream SUV.

* That we will finally get internet connection at home.

* That I will continue to live each day thanking every blessing that comes my way.

* That I will stop worrying and stressing over petty things in life. That I will strive to make life less complicated.

* That I will learn to accept and love ME even more regardless of my flaws and frailties.

* That the world will be a better place to live in.


Okay, I have to stop now as the list could go on and on. I will be turning 30 in 2009 and as it looms ever close, I actually dreaded the fact of being almost off the calendar. I wish I could just stick to 28 or 29. Well, I digress.

If I don’t talk to you or see you before 2008 takes its final bow, let me wish you and your family a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!


photo grabbed from Hazel

No comments: