Monday, December 01, 2008

Preggy Diaries # 8

Until now, I still feel depressed over what I discovered during my last visit to my OB. Sometimes, I caught myself staring into space and felt hot tears off my eyes. My baby as what my ob revealed is an SGA baby (small for gestational age). To know more about SGA babies, visit this site.


I just find it ironic considering that I appeared much bigger than my pregnancy month. Except for the nausea, the first few months of my pregnancy were okay. The baby measurements were also recorded normal. It was only when I hit the 7th month that the baby seems to stop growing.


My ob advised me to have a complete bed rest though she didn’t restrict me from reporting to work. I find it silly because, how can I have a complete bed rest when I still have to go to work? Truth is I am really scared. Scared as to what will happen to the baby before and after delivery. Scared of the possibility of having to go through C-section. I don’t even know what hubby feels right now. I don’t want him to worry but I also don’t want to take all the stress to myself of this awful news. Not to point fingers at anyone or what but sometimes I feel less pampered and I felt that I am going through this ordeal all by myself.


In two weeks, I have to undergo another ultrasound to continuously monitor the baby’s weight. If the ultrasound reveals still an SGA baby, then I would have to undergo a Doppler flow. I am begging on my knees and crossing my fingers that everything will be perfectly fine for my precious baby. I am looking forward for that moment of being able to touch his/her small body and feel his/her breath on my skin. Right now, I don't really care as to the baby's gender. I just want the baby to be healthy inside and out.

3 comments:

boone168 said...

Hi te...
I will continue to pray that the baby will be back to normal as soon as possible...Don't worry God will help both of you. (You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on you, Because he trust in You.-- Is 26:3) Take care~

Boone =)

MHALOU said...

hi boone...thanks for the prayers. I know God will take care of both of us. please continue to pray.

g0vinda said...

hi mhalou! don't worry too much because the baby will feel the same :) stay happy and positive and pray harder - we all will. talk to the baby ALWAYS even if it sound silly but it will help big time. When I had my preterm labor, all i had were prayers and small talks and whispers of my baby...

stay strong! :D