Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Preggy Diaries # 10: Almost There

So it's true that no two pregnancies are the same. While I had a normal and smooth delivery with Alex, I am now about to undergo C-section tomorrow with my second baby. I would have wanted a normal vaginal delivery like my body was built to do so but there were circumstances that didn't allow such. After three ultrasounds, we found out that the baby is footling breech and the risk is high if we opt for normal delivery. I saw some pictures of how it was done normally and it scared the shit out of me so I don't want to even think of giving it a try. Bahala na mangutang ko for C-section.


I really don't know what to expect having to go through the slice of a knife for the first time in my entire life. I'm sure it will be a whole lot different experience. They say, it's painful and the recovery is such a torture notwithstanding the scar on your abdomen. I don't mind the scar at all as I am no supermodel having to worry when wearing a skimpy bikini. Anyway, I am positive that I would be able to pull this through (ako pa?) with the help of prayers from friends and relatives. I know the past nine months has been a rollercoaster ride for me and the baby but I'm totally relieved that it's almost over. The most exciting part though is the revelation of the baby's gender which we're in for a thrill after three ultrasounds. Geez, I can't wait to cradle another mini-ME or mini-Hubby days from now. Alex is also happy to share the same birthdate with the little one. Isn't that wonderful?


So, excuse me while I do some noble act for the world. See you around!


"The Hand That Rocks The Cradle Is The Hand That Rules The World"

No comments: