Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Adulthood...Its Perks & Drawbacks

"Remember when you were a kid and your biggest worry was like, if you'd get a bike on your birthday or if you'd eat cookies for breakfast? Being an adult...totally overrated. I mean seriously, don't be fooled by all the hot shoes and great sex and the no parents anywhere telling you what to do. Adulthood is responsibility. Responsibility...it really does suck. Really, really sucks. Adults have to be places and do things and earn a living and pay the rent, and if you're training to be a surgeon, holding a human heart in your hands...Hello, talk about responsibility. Kinda' makes bikes and cookies look really really good, doesn't it? The scariest part about responsibility? When you screw up and let it slip right through your fingers."
~ Dr. Meredith Grey, Grey's Anatomy ~
Grey's Anatomy's keeping me company of what's left in my too little ME-time. The first time I saw the first few episodes, I got hooked and try to sneak in the disc despite my daughter's clamor for her Dora or Barney or Blues Clues dvd to be played. I'm still catching up on some episodes though but it's now my favorite series. Talk about adulthood....there's been totally a lot of stuff that's on my plate that's eating most of my time. I feel like there are too many things to do yet too little time. I envy my daughter. She has the entire day watching her favorite cartoon shows and movies, drawing and painting, singing and dancing, eating and sleeping and messing up the house without having to worry about stuff most adults fret about --- responsibilities, money, bills, mortgages, utilities, careers and life as an adult. But you see, as we grow older and wiser, we are always faced with bigger responsibilities that are sometimes bigger than us, bigger that what we could have imagined. I always long for the carefree life of a child with nothing on my mind except school, food and play. My daughter asked me this morning, "Mommy, why do you go to work?". It's the first time that she asked me that question so I was bit shock albeit amused. But I answered anyway, "Mommy has to go to work so I could buy your milk and toys, send you to school and that we could eat what we want to eat, go to Timezone every weekend, pay for our new house, decorate your room".

Yeah, I totally agree with Meredith, adulthood really sucks!

And did I ever mention that I envy this kid?

banging the cymbals like a pro

drum lessons with the shirtless instructor...of course, no less than the daddy

the future rock-chick with a messy hair

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Wireless, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://wireless-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.