Thursday, January 24, 2008

Preggy Look

Incident 1: (college classmate who was in our office for her job interview)
Jem: Oi, congrats!
Me: Huh??? (clueless)
Jem pointing to my tummy
Me: Oh no…I’m not pregnant!
Jem: Ha!? I challenge you. You should loose some weight gyud!
Me: Okay
(Wicked me: I hope you don’t pass the interview.)

Incident 2: (Tia – 6-year old daughter of our Expat)
She was showing us some dance steps learned in school. I tried to follow her steps.
Tia: Nooo, you gothith all wrooong!!!
Me: Ok, I’ll try to practice at home (while doing the dance step again)
Tia: Thaths why you thon’t getith becauth you have a baby in your thummy.
Me and the rest of the people around bursting into laughter.

I don’t know if it’s something I should be happy or be offensive about but some people often mistake me for being pregnant. I really wanted to have another baby but it seems my body isn’t ready yet. During my last visit, my ob advised me to lose some weight coz maybe that’s one of the reasons why it’s difficult for me to be pregnant again. Well, if it’s really meant to be, it’s meant to be. But for now, I am contented having a preggy look.

1 comment:

Elder Bastidas said...

Me gusta tu blog, es diferente, un beso desde EspaƱa

Elder Bastidas