Wednesday, November 07, 2007

ME time



I totally agree.

We carry out a deluge of things for other people --- our family, our friends, our colleagues, the boss, the company, the country or even the world perhaps and yet we often fail to do something for ourselves. Sometimes, I wish I could just hug myself or shout to world that I love myself not in a very egocentric way.

Nevertheless, there are things that I want to do for myself but have done it less or have never done before. These are just simple treats for me not necessarily in particular order…

* smile in front of the mirror
* taking a long shower
* massage
* Paolo Coelho
* our queen size bed all to myself
* peaceful sleep
* coloring my nails
* return to the gym
* one night alone staring at the stars
* time to meditate and pray
* shopping for new clothes, shoes, bags and accessories to match without worrying about time and money to spend (this is quite impossible)
* chocolates for myself
* watching chick flick and munching popcorn
* blogging
* travel to unknown places

These are stuff I do to show love for myself. As much as I want to spend “ME-time” more often, the demands of being a mum, wife, friend, employee are much more important. But it doesn’t mean that I love myself less.

No comments: