Tuesday, July 03, 2007

The Decision

I'm staying.

Actually, I've consulted a lot of people including my ever-dependable fairy godmother - JPL. I sent her a text at an ungodly hour of 1am to tell her about my dilemma. I know that she’s already in slumberland by that time so I was expecting a reply in the morning.

When I woke up this morning, I haven’t really made up my mind as yet though I wrote in my post earlier that I’m staying. Yeah, I’m not really an impulsive decision maker. I always look at all angles before jumping into something I’m not certain about. So, I got this reply from my fairy godmother at 3:45 am. I was already asleep by then. My husband told me that I was snoring like a pig. Dammit! Anyway, the text message goes like this...
“Hi Lutz, Ma’am Dets told me about your promotion last Saturday. Congrats. You deserve that! If maantus pa nimu ang sked and it’s not affecting your family, accept the promotion. Saying sad ang $ and the tenure. Yes, A is super stable but don’t worry, you’re still very young. You would have more opportunities and better pa. Just write A a nice letter of regret stating your promotion and pay. This way, they will know how good and valuable you are. Who knows, they might match the offer diba? Gogogo!”


Just what I really need. Since my decline letter is already in my draft, I read it one last time (after a hundred times I guess) and click “SEND”. There goes my dream, my wish. But I don’t have any regrets. I am even excited of what other opportunities awaits me inside and outside this company.

Again…I’m staying! No questions asked.


credits to jadee for this pic

No comments: