Saturday, July 21, 2007

Thank you, Francis Kong

I wanted to write about the stress I’ve been through the past weeks preparing for our regional conference. Having to head the Finance and Solicitation Committee and be in-charged of the conference kits is no joke. You have to coordinate with sponsors with their marketing materials to be placed inside the kits. You have to purchase the prizes and tokens. You have to make sure that your commitment to your sponsors has been met. I did 3 terrible journeys to Cebu Pacific Ticket office just so our speaker from Manila could finally book his flight. I told myself that I’ll never get myself involved ever again next year. It was stressful. I didn’t get enough sleep and my muscles ache. And I still have to go to the office. I’ve seen the best and worst in those involved in the preparation. I know those who are working their butts off and those who are just sitting pretty doing nothing. Technically, I didn’t have a grasp of the entire conference as I was moving in and out of the conference room running around, watching over our kits and prizes, preparing the prizes etc. My feet really hurt so badly since I was no longer accustomed to wearing heels. I even seek the help of my husband, sisters and some colleagues to run errands for me which I felt really guilty about.

Day 2 of the conference was much better. Thank God! There I was seated in the front table and listening intently to the speaker – Mr. Francis Kong, talk about “Making a Difference in Other People’s Lives”. I’ve heard him speak in several occasions in the past and all I can is that “walang kakupas-kupas”. He’s still one of the best speakers and trainers in this country and maybe beyond. He was talking about the types of complainers: Whiners & Groaners, Cynics, Martyr and Perfectionists. He was describing briefly these types of complainers and the wisdom he’s injecting always hits me head on. I guess in one way or another, I belong to the 4 complainers. Like right now, I was complaining about the stress I’ve been through being one of the driving forces of this regional conference. And most of the time, I complain about life in general.

So, I don’t wanna complain anymore. I realized that I am privileged to be able to encounter such challenges as it would make me a better admin professional and a better person. The opportunity to be part of this regional conference is a learning experience for me. I will always remember Mr. Francis Kong saying “Always have an insatiable thirst for learning”. And next year, I decided to take part again and be involved and continue to fuel my thirst for learning. Till next year…



Pictures here...

2 comments:

PaksiT™ said...

whose that girl? ü

MHALOU said...

alalay ni francis kong wehehe