Sunday, February 24, 2008

Weddings in February

We attended two weddings this month. Next to June, I think a lot of couples want to tie the knot during the love month - February. One reason maybe is because this month is simply filled with LOVE and such a romantic month it is.

John & Ellen Lee

The first wedding we attended last Feb. 17 was the wedding of John and Ellen. Both of Chinese decent, their wedding was held at Sacred Heart Parish. It was the first time that I attended a wedding in an airconditioned church (bongga!). John is a good friend of Earl and also one of his business partners of the now defunct Beachroots. Ellen became my friend also and we used to share notes about our relationships. After a rollercoaster relationship and b*tches on the side, I'm glad their relationship finally sealed with a blessing from God.

Kenneth & Tina Mansueto

Don't know much about their relationship but this couple is such a lovely pair. Yesterday, they finally tied the knot after eight years. All I can say is WOW! The wedding was held at the Holy Family Parish in Mandaue and wedding reception was at the Waterfront Hotel in Lahug. They had this classic theme in their wedding banquet with the band playing mostly the couple's favorite love songs. I love that part in their program where Tina sang the song "Thank You, Love" by Jose Mari Chan. Such a very heartwarming song I almost cried...
"I feel like 17 again,
It´s all because of you
Thanks for choosing me from all the rest
Though I´m far from being the best.
Most of all I want to thank you, love, for loving me"
There's something about weddings that simply warms the heart. Even if I was just a mere spectator, I can't help but feel the love that these couples have for each other. And I'm glad that in this age of "live-in, abortion and divorce", these young couples decide to seal their love in front of God and man.

No comments: