Monday, August 27, 2007

Second Home

If there's one place I considered my second home, that would be Pintuyan, Southern Leyte. It's a little fishing and copra town where my lola lives. When I was a kid and teenager, I would often spend my summer vacations there to the delight of my old and widowed lola. Pintuyan has been greatly part of my childhood and teenage life. I've had such fond memories of the place and its people. Apart from being the place where I blossomed into a lady (READ: first menstruation), I experienced a different kind of warmth from the humble people of Pintuyan. I've had quite a few friends there mostly my cousins and distant relatives. The town itself was a refuge to my peaceful heart. The fresh air and the sea breeze, the sound of the waves rushing to the shore, the sound of the crickets at night, the glow of the stars and fireflies, the laidback life I sorely miss. Pardon my nostalgia but I can't help but write a post about that place. A month from now, I'm off to that place again to visit my favorite lola (she's the only one left from both sides)and to celebrate the town's annual fiesta. I'll be traveling together with my sister and daughter (hubby isn't sure yet...depends on his sked). It's been ages since my last visit and my lola hasn't seen yet her great grand apo (my daughter). I'm already very excited that I filed a vacation leave this early.

Definitely, I'll be sharing pictures of my vacation. Promise!

No comments: