Friday, May 06, 2005

Anniversary

It’s my parents 27th Wedding Anniversary today.

It’s amazing how they’ve come this far in their marriage. I salute them for raising 5 smart and well-mannered kids (I’m one of them you know…the first in the list hehehe). Being the eldest in the family, I’ve witnessed how they face the challenges in their marriage –- bitches, alcohol, finances, kids, work, unemployment, sickness to name a few.

But all these years, they were true to the vow they made before God and man that they will hang on to each other in sickness and in health, for richer and for poorer until death would finally part them. So many times I’ve heard my mother wanting to quit and leave my father but God has a way of bringing them together.

I could still feel their love for each other even if they fight so often like cats and dogs. What made their bond even stronger is their faith and devotion to the Holy Family and the Most Holy Virgin. Their steadfast love continues to inspire other families in our community.

I will always be proud to have them as my parents. I am proud because despite all the odds, our family is in-tacked.

I am in my 2nd year of marriage going 3rd and yet I wanted to give up this early. I guess, what I’m experiencing right now is just a bit of what my parents have experienced for the past 27 years. I still need to learn a lot from their relationship…

Congrats Mamsi, Papsi...May you celebrate more years in your marriage!!!

No comments: