Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Mother's Day

Last Sunday, May 8 was Mother’s Day!

To be exact, I am a mother for 3 years and 1 month (including the nine months of bearing Alex inside my tummy). And for the past 3 years, I have learned so much about motherhood.

I have learned that it’s not easy being a mother and that babies don’t come with a manual or guide when they come out. I have learned to be very patient in dealing with my little toddler – very patient to the extent that even if I want to strangle her, I just force myself a smile and say “Alex, stop it” (with teeth gnashing). I have learned that what my mother said about motherhood is so very true – you’ll only appreciate your own mother when you become one. I have learned to be creative in entertaining my little angel --- make funny faces, a little acrobat, trying to figure out nursery rhymes from time immemorial and a lot more tricks just to soothe her. I have learned that mommies play different roles in a child’s life --- a superhero to drive away monsters, a teacher to teach ABC, a singer to sing the lullaby during bedtime, a dancer to pacify a baby crying, an artist to draw images animals and flowers and a child at heart to accept and understand her child wholeheartedly.

I wasn’t given any tribute or gift from my daughter on Mother’s Day – maybe because she still cannot appreciate my existence in her life. She was mimicking though the Surf commercial “Salamat Sa’yo Nanay” jingle. I find it really funny.

For now, I’ll try to be a good mother to her in any way I can. I want to make her feel that she is important to me more than anybody else – even more than her dad hehehe. Having her in my life makes me really COMPLETE. She’s an angel and I’m just happy having her around.

And to my mama, happy mother’s day! I hope you’ll be proud of me being a mother. I know I still have a lot to learn about this stuff and I hope you never cease to give me the support I need.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Touch ko. *sniff*

My tribute: *bow sa mama*

Rex