Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Blah blah blah

Conference

As a member of the PASAP (Philippine Association of Secretaries and Administrative Professionals), I am required to join the 7th Regional Conference held at the Marco Polo Hotel. It was a one and a half day conference mostly listening to speakers on how to improve our admin skills and what have you. It was good to have one day off (Friday only coz we don’t have work on Saturdays) from work. Some of the speakers were kinda’ uninteresting ---- the usual stuff standing in the podium and talk about some chu-chu. But in fairness, some were really entertaining and very educational. I met new friends there specially during the interaction with the rest of the delegates. As in any conference, one thing that I look forward to is the “raffles”. I won 1 thousand gift certificates from Felisa Spa. For a woman like me, it was like winning the lotto (3 digits lang, hehehe).

Eleven Minutes

Over the weekend, I also devour on a Paolo Coelho novel entitled “Eleven Minutes”. I was glued to it until Sunday even brushing off my daughter and her homework --- I’m a terrible mother! It’s been ages since I last read a novel and I swear to myself that I’m going to renew my passion for reading novels again. I’ll start with Paolo Coelho’s novels.

Anyway, here’s the plot of that novel. It’s a nice reading for a woman like me. It's a discovery...




“Eleven Minutes tells the story of Maria, a young girl from a Brazilian village, whose first innocent brushes with love leave her heart-broken. At a tender age, she becomes convinced that she will never find true love, instead believing that 'Love is a terrible thing that will make you suffer...' A chance meeting in Rio takes her to Geneva, where she dreams of finding fame and fortune yet ends up working the streets as a prostitute. In Geneva, Maria drifts further and further away from love while at the same time developing a fascination with sex. Eventually, Maria's despairing view of love is put to the test when she meets a handsome young painter. In this odyssey of self-discovery, Maria has to choose between pursuing a path of darkness, sexual pleasure for its own sake or risking everything to find her own 'inner light' and the possibility of sacred sex, sex in the context of love.”

Today

I learned from our security guard somebody died in a scuffle at Stilleto over the weekend. It makes me so worried especially so that our bar is just a few meters from that bar. Well, safety has always been the dilemma of the people working in the building and even those partying at the open plaza. Oh well, everywhere you go is no longer safe --- even our respective homes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ssshhhhhhhhhh..... bout deaths