Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Moving Again

I thought that the house that we’re IN right now would be our home at least in the next 5 years. I was wrong! We’re moving again for the 5th time to be exact. Our landlady arrived from the US and she’s doing some renovations and overhaul of the house. The past week has been spent searching for our next abode which is quite a challenge. There are a lot of things to consider --- if it is fit for human habitation, neighborhood, parking space, number of rooms, rental to mention a few. And we haven’t been successful yet...not until yesterday where my husband finally found an apartment in Taboan --- quite exciting huh!Well, thanks to his granny who helped us out with the search.

We’ve also started packing up our things again. I just realized that we’ve been keeping junks for the last 4 years. There are a lot of thrash that I wanna get rid of. Our house also became the “bodega” of stuff from my mother-in-law, beachroots and other people. I’m thinking of doing a yard sale or maybe preparing bundles of joy this early before we finally take off.

It saddens me to leave this house which has become our home for about a year. Alex has grown to love the kids in the neighborhood. It makes me feel safe to live here because my husband’s grandfather and aunt just live across the street. But then again, the house isn’t ours so we just have to accept the fact that we will be constantly moving. I just hope and pray that the next house/apartment would be for long term before we finally could afford to get a house of our own.

No comments: