Tuesday, November 08, 2005

being happy...

"Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see life beyond the imperfections. So, don't say you're happy because everything is alright. Be happy because everything sucks but you're just fine..." -- Anonymous

While it’s true that I complain a lot about my life right now --- about the way I look, about my job, about my marriage, about our country, about our government --- it just dawned on me that there’s a lot of things to be thankful about. My life has been a roller-coaster ride for the past 26 years. I was faced with countless battles which I have won over without me realizing it.

Why am I writing about this? Because I came across that quotation above which really hit me.

There isn’t any person in this world that has a perfect life. Agree? Some may be successful in their careers at the expense of their relationships with their family. Some may have a great family but may be striving to make both ends meet. You see rich people flaunting their riches but are they really happy in the true essence of the word? You may see people who may have almost everything that money can buy but do you think they’re the happiest people this side of the planet?

I didn’t realize how lucky I was. I know my life isn’t perfect --- as I said, I’ve had my share of challenges and struggles yet I came out victorious. I simply slew the dragons of my life. You see, there will always be problems in my job, in my marriage, in our country, in our world but I know I’ll be okay. With my family as the source of my strength, I know I’ll get through this life unscathed.

Sometimes, life really sucks but I’ll get by especially when there’s family and friends around to share life’s bittersweet presents.

No comments: