Wednesday, August 03, 2005

3rd Year Wedding Anniversary

A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person. ~ Germaine Greer

Exactly three years ago today is my wedding day. It’s supposed to be one of the most special days of my life. Indeed, it was!

Exactly three years ago today is the day I walked down the aisle towards the altar of San Lorenzo Ruiz Parish to meet the man who I will spend the rest of my life with in richer and in poorer, in sickness and in health until death separates us.

I admit, if it wasn’t for Baby Alex, we wouldn’t have been together. Alex was the reason why we got married in the first place. We already broke up before I learned that I’m pregnant. It was difficult to convince him and that’s when I decided that I have to move on whether he will take responsibility over the baby or not. Yes, he proposed to me in December over the phone and with the spirit of alcohol all over him – I took it as a big joke. The wedding in August was totally unexpected aside from Earl being undecided about me and the baby. But I never forced him to marry me. NEVER! Perhaps, God has His own way of completing the puzzle of my life. He used instruments in the form of FAMILY and FRIENDS for making the wedding event possible. God poured His blessings during the course of our wedding preparations.

Yes, it’s been 3 years since I got married to Earl. The past 3 years wasn’t easy though. We had our share of trials, disappointments, insecurities and challenges. It was difficult adjusting to each other’s differences and frailties. Yet we also had a taste of what it is to be in love and share your life with to somebody.

If feels great to have reached this year. I thought we will never last this far.

For the past three years…

• we bicker a lot
• we fought a lot
• we cried a lot
• we laugh a lot
• we hurt each other so much
• we even got to the point of separation
• we almost give up

Earl and I had a lot of differences between us.

• I am romantic, he isn’t.
• He loves to party on weekends while I prefer to stay at home (but I do unwind from time to time).
• He hates paper work while I can devour on paperwork all day.
• He’s always late on most of our appointments while I’ll see to it that I’m always on time.
• He talks a lot his mouth is like a machine gun when he’s mad. I don’t talk when I’m mad.
• He loves rock music while my ears settle for soothing music.
• He’s an impulsive buyer and I’m not (because I don’t have that much money).
• He’s rich and I’m poor.

But we also share a lot of commonalities and sameness.

• We both love pizza and pasta.
• We both love the same food.
• We both are ukay-ukay fanatics.
• We both have the same idea of our house.
• We both love the beach.
• We both like the color “black”.
• We both want to loose weight.
• We both aspire for the same thing for our family.
• We both love our baby so much.


Exactly three years ago today, I made the most rightful decision of my life and I have no regrets. I admit, there came a point when I wanted to give up and let go. But my faith in this love and marriage has strengthened me to hold on tight and simply enjoy the ride. Sometimes, the road may be smooth and sometimes I would stumble upon several humps and rocky road. But the thought of having someone holding your hand makes the journey worthwhile.

Happy 3rd Year Anniversary Dad!!!

I guess I need not say more how much you mean to me… It has been such a wonderful 3 years and I look forward to more adventures with you on this journey.

I love you.


"Grow Old Along with Me"

No comments: