Friday, September 26, 2008

So Long, Farewell

Today is my daughter’s last day in school. Nope, it’s not the end of the school year yet but along with our house move is also the school move for Alex. I don’t want to sound melodramatic but I really felt sad with the thought of her bidding goodbye to her friends, classmates and teachers. She has been in this school when she was still 3 years old and now that she’s 5, she has grown some fondness towards the school. I, myself have been very comfortable with the teaching standards and programs of Kids. I would have wanted her to finish the school year but it will be a big sacrifice considering the distance between this school to our new abode.

Thus, it will be farewell for now. I’m sure Alex will definitely miss her teachers and classmates. The yaya will also miss her kaberks and I would miss all the exciting activities that the school has cooked up for the rest of the school year. But as the song goes, “life’s a constant change and nothing stays the same”… we just have to deal with this change and embrace it. I’m sure Alex wouldn’t mind a new school, a new environment and a new set of friends a week from now. She will be back next week though (all the way from Mactan to Pardo) to take her exams and my last parent-teacher conference (PTC) with Kids'.

A glimpse of those years with friends and classmates at Kids’.





No comments: