Thursday, December 14, 2006

Last

August 31, 2006 was the last business day of Beach Roots. The party and booze stood still on that side of the city. It was like a death we mourn for days.

I never wanted to blog again about Beach Roots because it’s a sore journey down memory lane. It always gives me that painful feeling especially that I still see our kiosk everyday standing in all its glory despite bad publicity together with 6 other kiosks just outside our office.

Anyway, it’s been more than 3 months and life was never the same again after Beach Roots. The 10 owners have gone separate ways and have taken different business path. The leader of the group has ventured into garments business with a different partner. I’ve heard that some of the boys are planning to put up another kiosk somewhere. Some of the crew has taken other jobs – like us, they need to survive. And I never really heard about the rest of the Rooters. Whatever happened to them? It’s a sad fact that the friendship died together with the business except for some I know who continue to hang-out and catch up on each other’s lives. There were no immediate plans on how to go about the remaining cash in bank (if there's any)or the items owned by Beach Roots. It’s still subject for deliberation among the Rooters.









My husband told me that the case against LLDC is still up and the fight continues. I don’t know how long this battle for our rights will carry on or when the verdict comes out. I just hope it’s really worth the fight.

Today, our kiosk was finally demolished per directive from city hall. Memories of it will linger in various photographs and in the hearts of each and every Rooter. Along with our kiosk, stories of Beach Roots will simply die the normal death. And this will be my last post about it...Swear!





No comments: